Venture College skills are learned and practiced through the “Lean Launch” methodology, including principles of “The Startup Owners Manual” by Steve Blank and Bob Dorf and the “Business Model Canvas” by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur.
- Content is delivered on demand through digital and traditional media.
- Mentorship is provided by coaches and Venture College Angels … experienced entrepreneurial and business people.
- Experiences through internships, teamwork, testing and experimentation.
- Competitively awarded resources to support launching of enterprises.
- Environment in downtown Boise with access to work and meeting space with Internet access.
- Venture College “Badge” of completion is awarded to students upon demonstration of entrepreneurial skills and business model canvas practices.
Venture College is a new model to develop and practice entrepreneurial skills.