The Venture College Business Model Badge is awarded to student entrepreneurs who demonstrate the skills needed to consider a business idea and evaluate if it has a reasonable probability of being, repeatable, scalable and sustainable (for nonprofits, attract sufficient resources).
- A repeatable business model has multiple customers in the customer segment who share the same value proposition.
- A scalable business model has potential to increase revenue with minimal incremental cost.
- A sustainable business model has reliable sources of revenue to meet the breakeven point and generate value over time. A populated business model canvas has at least one assumption in each cell for each customer segment.
- A defendable canvas has interdependent assumptions that have been substantiated with evidence.
- A defended canvas has been accepted by the Venture College Angels as reasonably attainable.