Design Ethnography Certificate
- Work with people to create better experiences.
- Empathize with users, interact to solve problems, collaborate on research, and communicate insights.
- Fully online; capstone research project.
- Open to all majors.
What do you do in Design Ethnography?
- Develop your research skills through guided, experiential exercises.
- Employ your skills to discover and solve a human problem.
- Design and execute a capstone project with professional mentoring.
- Add this certificate to any major to increase employability and build a network.
- Open to all Majors
- 12 credit online certificate
- Consult with industry experts
- In-demand job opportunities
Meet the Student
Michelle Headrick - Junior
Q: Why did you choose Design Ethnography and how did you end up in this certificate program?
“I always keep an eye on the College of Innovation + Design and I try to register for as many of their courses as possible. Also, as a business analyst in the IT field, the use cases in our coursework have been very relevant to my work and have helped me develop my skills in key areas essential to today’s IT work – requirements gathering, being agile, and building user stories. I hope to use this certificate program as a launching pad for further studies in human computer interaction.”
Meet the Student
John Papenfuss - Senior
What have you enjoyed most about the Design Ethnography certificate program?
“I really like having exposure to so many different backgrounds to help shape perspective. The course is incredibly well designed to help you build confidence and nurture your own creativity. Additionally, the coursework is highly applicable to what global companies are looking for in job candidates. Some people in HR don’t know what anthropology is, but they understand and respect the Design Ethnography certificate and know that I have expertise in working with qualitative and quantitative data to enhance user experience.”