- Learn to work effectively with others and solve problems.
- Make a difference in your field or community.
- Choice of online or in-person.
- Open to all majors.
- Are you interested in identifying your values, ethics, and sense of purpose?
- Do you want to learn to work effectively with others and solve problems?
- Do you care about integrating the perspectives of diverse people?
- Do you want to communicate effectively even under difficult circumstances?
- Is your goal to make a difference in your field or community?
If so, it sounds like you’re in.
There are two Leadership Certificates available at Boise State University: one in-person and one on line. Both are open to all majors. Getting started is easy. Just sign up for one of our courses and prepare yourself to learn the perspectives and skills that will benefit you in any field of study. The certificate program is taught by dedicated instructors with both academic and real-world experience. Our in person classes are intentionally smaller, diverse, and highly interactive. Add a certificate in Leadership to your major today—and bring out your leadership qualities.
Integrating the fields of leadership and personal development, the certificate programs approache leadership from the inside out. Through dynamic experiences and projects, students will be better equipped for leadership in multiple contexts, and in a changing world.
THE LEAD CERTIFICATE RESPONDS TO KEY NEEDS EXPRESSED BY EMPLOYERS
Employers say they’re seeking the following competencies in potential employees: Work ethic, teamwork, initiative, flexibility, interpersonal skills, problem solving, sense of humor, detail orientation, organizational skills, self-confidence, and tact (NACE).
93% of employers suggest that critical thinking, communication and problem solving are more important to them than is a particular undergraduate major (Association of American Colleges and Universities).
According to a recent research report from Boise State University’s Career Center, Employer Feedback On Talent Needs, local employers identified the following abilities as Critical Skills to Initial
Success in the Workplace: perform with integrity, solve problems, manage time and priorities, take the initiative, think critically, analyze, evaluate, and interpret information, contribute to a team, effectively communicate orally, build and sustain working professional relationships. For more information follow this link.
THE LEAD CERTIFICATE DOVETAILS WITH CO-CURRICULAR UNIVERSITY ACTIVITIES
- The LeaderShape Institute (Student Involvement and Leadership Center)
- National Education for Women’s (NEW) Leadership (SSPA)
- Alternative Break Service Immersion trips (Student Involvement and Leadership Center)
- Catalyst (Student Involvement and Leadership Center)
- Lead(IN) (Student Involvement and Leadership Center)
- Fraternity/Sorority Leadership Programs (Student Involvement and Leadership Center)
THE LEAD CERTIFICATE OFFERS A PATHWAY TO GRADUATE PROGRAMS AT BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
- Master’s in Athletic Leadership (KIN)
- Post B.A. Conflict Management Certificate (Public Policy, SSPA)
- MBA (Business Administration, COBE)
- M.S. Organizational Performance & Workplace Learning (COEN)
- M.Ed. in Education Leadership & Ed.S. in Executive Education Leadership (ED)